When it comes to adding value to your home, only a few options make sense in terms of a return on investment value. A full home extension gives you ultimate flexibility about where you build your new rooms and how much space you get, but it’s a costly operation and you’ll run into all sorts of legal permits and requirements that can take months to resolve. A sunroom is your best bet as it can sit directly on top of your existing patio or deck and can be built in a relatively short period of time.
Getting Professional Help
Like with any home improvement project, it is possible for you to strike out on your own and become your own sunroom project manager. However, this is only advisable if you have experience in building management, and you have the time and brain space to handle the complexities. If this doesn’t sound like you, it’s time to hire a professional sunroom contractor in Calgary. Teaming up with the experts gives you all of these benefits:
- Local knowledge – working with Calgary based sunroom contractors means that you get access to their local knowledge of how to build structures that will stand the brutal Alberta winters and provide hardy protection in the windy city. They’ll also be able to source local materials and workers to keep your costs as low as possible.
- Quick permits – as part of their local knowledge, sunroom contractors in Calgary have to have a good working knowledge of the laws and permit requirements surrounding home extensions. They’ll be able to short cut some of the red tape for you while also making sure that your new room will pass the inspection first time around.
- Custom build – those who take on a sunroom project by themselves inevitably end up choosing an off the shelf option to save money. A professional sunroom contractor will be able to work with you and your unique outdoor space to create a custom build that matches the cost of a pre-built structure
- The personal touch – as part of the bespoke design process, a professional sunroom contractor will spend time getting to know you and your wishes for your new sunroom space. This knowledge will help them create bespoke wiring patterns so the lights and outlets are exactly where you need them to be, and the HVAC system will fit seamlessly with your existing set up.
- The job done right – finally, as with any home improvement project, teaming up with an experienced local contractor means that you know that your job will be done right the first time around. They’ll be in charge of the process from start to finish and won’t leave the site until you give them the thumbs up.
It’s clear that choosing to work with a professional sunroom contractor is the only way to make sure that your sunroom project turns out the way you want it to, so contact our team of experts today to start your sunroom project.