It’s always the right time to be thinking about how to upgrade your home, but knowing which home improvement project will give the best return on your investment. You’ll never regret the decision to build a sunroom addition to your home; the extra space will allow everyone to breathe and spread out, you’ll gain a blank canvas for your decorating dreams and you’ll be able to live your best indoor outdoor lifestyle all year long. It’s also one of the smartest investments you can make; sunrooms are ranked as one of the highest return on investments projects, so when it’s time to move, you should see a dramatic increase in the value of your home. However, you may end up regretting not finding the right sunroom contractor as they will be the ones who can make or break your entire sunroom project.
Tips for finding the right sunroom contractor
Not all sunroom contractors are created equal. There are those people who are out there to make a quick buck and have chosen sunrooms as they’re quick to put up and require minimal planning permission. There are also those professionals who care deeply for each project and will make sure that you’re getting the best possible value for money for your sunroom. It’s hard to know the difference at first as the sales pitch can sound similar, but follow these tips and you’ll end up with the right sunroom contractor for your project:
- Look for experience – in the contracting business, the saying goes that experience is the best teacher. A contractor who has only been around for a couple of years still has plenty of mistakes to make, and you don’t want to be one of their “learning” projects. This experience may cost you more, but you’ll know that you’ll get a quality product and the estimates for time and price will be much more accurate.
- Find a model showroom – anyone can produce a good photo of a great looking sunroom. However, if that’s all your contractor can provide at your initial consultation, it might be worth expanding your search to find one who has a model showroom. By walking through examples of their work, you’ll get a feel for their style as well as the types and quality of the materials they use in the constructions. Be wary of companies who only have a web presence as they’re unlikely to have the backroom team to make sure your project happens smoothly and that any post construction issues are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Check for credentials – it goes without saying that the right sunroom contractor should hold all the correct licenses and insurances, so don’t be afraid to ask ahead of time so you know that they are a legitimate business. You can typically find these on their Calgary Better Business Bureau pages, but they should also be willing to provide current licenses for all of their workers to give you of mind before the project begins.
Above all, you need to find companies that have good customer reviews. Just because someone has the lowest prices, it doesn’t necessarily translate to a high quality product or a top of the line finish to your sunroom. You can look online for customer reviews, and most sunroom contractors will host a website with photos and customer testimonials. Another source of recommendations is to find friends and neighbours who have used a particular company to find out how their experience was.
Why choose Desert Sun Patios?
With all of these thoughts in your head, there is one sunroom company that checks all of these boxes and then some additional ones. Desert Sun Patios has been creating backyard oases across Calgary and the surrounding areas for the last 20 years and we bring a lot to the table when you start planning your sunroom creation. In addition to the years of expertise and all the correct credentials, we also offer:
- Calgary based knowledge – all of our team live and work in and around Calgary. Not only does that mean that we’re experts on local laws and planning permissions, but we also know how the city’s weather patterns work, including how to build to withstand the crazy winds and snow filled winters! We understand that each neighbourhood has its own norms and expectations, and our planning team will work with you to make sure that your sunroom dreams become a reality.
- Highest quality materials – here at Desert Sun Patios, we firmly believe in making sure each job is done to the highest possible quality. This means working with you and your budget to make sure you’re getting the biggest bang for your buck and to build a sunroom that lasts a lifetime. We’re so confident of our ability to find the best value for materials that we price match against any competitor who uses the same materials as us – you’ll be amazed at how much you can save.
- Onsite showroom – another one of our guiding principles is that the relationship with each customer is essential. While you can shop online these days, nothing beats being able to see what you’re getting in person and meet the people who will be doing the work with you. That’s why we recommend everyone to come and look around our showroom in Calgary. You’ll get a good idea of what styles you like and don’t like, and our no-push sales staff will be able to answer your questions and to start planning your sunroom journey.
If coming down to our showroom isn’t an option for you right now, our website has a full 360 degree virtual tour for you to get a sense of the range of options that await you with Desert Sun Patios. While you’re here, you can also check out the latest promotions as well as a photo gallery of all our previous sunroom work. When you’re ready to start your project, just give us a call to start making your sunroom dream a reality.