The birds might not be chirping, the sun may not be shining but spring is (hopefully) just around the corner in Calgary. While this is an exciting time for most, the melt usually brings unsightly views once hidden by the pristinely white snow. This is the perfect time of year to start cleaning up the yard in preparation for warmer weather and make the view from your Sunroom more bearable this Spring.
This Sunroom Spring Cleanup Checklist should help get your spring cleaning started and help you to enjoy your sunroom for the months to come:
Quick Outdoor Spring Clean Up Checklist
- Pick up garbage or leaves that may have blown in over the winter.
- Ensure proper drainage of your roof and avoid costly leaks and damage to your sunroom before they develop. Make sure to clean your gutters!
- Inspect your outdoor lights to ensure that they’re working properly and replace those that aren’t.
- Pick up pet waste if you have not already been maintaining this over winter.
- Take in Your empties or donate them to the community.
- Dig out some trenches so melting snow can drain away from the house to avoid flooding.
- If you have outdoor furniture, now is a good time to shake off any remaining snow and wipe down with a damp cloth.
- If you’re lucky enough to have bare sidewalks or stairs in April, give them a good sweep.
- Don’t put away the shovels. You know as well as I there is more snow coming. This is not a safe bet until about the first weekend in June.
Quick Indoor Sunroom Spring Clean Up Checklist
- Dust lighting fixtures, picture frames, clocks and any other decorative objects.
- Wipe down the walls and trim.
- Wash doors, knobs and switch plates.
- Wipe down chairs and launder removable upholstery items like throw pillows and blankets.
- Clean or replace entry mats both inside and out.
- Open some windows if you can and air it out.
- Clean and purge any baskets, drawers or collecting spaces like shelves.
- Wash windows, coverings and or curtains. When the weather warms up a bit more in June you can attack the outer side or hire a professional window washer in Calgary.
- Vacuum and mop the floors.
- Add some new spring décor items to bring some new life.
- Pick out a new book, brew up a nice cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the view!